Model: Ion Lycra/Rashguard Onyx Voltage 2/1 LS 2013 Men
Even though ION Onyx Voltage Neo Tops are mostly used in warm water, they can be used very versatile to react to changing weather conditions.
It’s a clever way to quickly add some extra warmth when it’s getting a bit chilly or cloudy.
They offer more heat retention compared to rashguards and feel extremely comfortable due to the super stretchy 2.0 mm S-Type Neoprene.
Of course they provide 100% UV protection and help reduce rash and pressure marks from a harness or lying on a surfboard.
It even works great as an additional layer of Neoprene underneath your wetsuit when extra warmth is needed.
- High Neck
- Flatlock Construction - flexible, non irritating seams
- SnugFit - with super stretch, can be worn underneath wetsuit
- Free Movement Panels
- Fully Glued and Blind-Stitched Water Sealing:
The edges of the neoprene panels are covered with a highly adhesive, UV resistant contact glue which needs to dry for a few minutes. Then the glue is applied a second time to make it more sticky. Once the corresponding parts of the neoprene edges are put together by hand and then firmly squeezed with an electric pressing tool cm by cm to achieve the high tearing strength, the seams are stitched on the inside with a special blind-stitch sewing machine. A curved needle pokes through the neoprene layer and applies an elastic seam on the outside. By using this technique, the seam is highly tear proof, elastic and completely watertight and provides insulation and comfort.
Super-Friendly to the environment. ION have retreated from the oil based neoprene production process. Instead, ION use a process which relies on Limestone as a raw material. Limestone largely consists of calcium carbide, which is the main ingredient for all types of neoprene. Calcium carbide is then mixed together with other components to create specific neoprene densities and structures to serve the needs of the designers.
- S-Type Neoprene: Made of Sheico’s S-Type neoprene which is one of the most elastic neoprene types on the market. It’s also very warm and lightweight due to its specific cell structure.
- Super Soft - Warm inside and robust outside
- UV Sunshield Protection - Prevents you from sunburn in the shiniest of conditions.
- SlipLoop - a fine webbing loop for fixing to your board shorts
Write a review
Note: HTML is not translated!